|Prep Time||2 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
- 1 package pitted cherries (around 1&1/2 cups) fresh or frozen
- 1/4-1/2 cups sugar adjust according to how sweet/sour your cherries are
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 3 tbsp red colored jell-o eg. strawberry or punch
- 1 cup milk use soy or almond if keeping dairy-free
- mint for garnish
- In a pot, put the cherries, sugar (start with less and add more later if needed), vanilla extract, water, and lemon juice. Bring to a boil.
- Mix the jello with a little water until smooth and pour into the soup and bring to a boil again.
- Turn off the flame and once soup cools add in the milk. The soup will look a little piecey because of the jello but it tastes great!
- Refrigerate and serve chilled with mint as garnish.