|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||20-30 minutes|
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 pound stir fry meat like pepper steak
- 1 onion roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 8 oz box cremini mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 red pepper sliced thinly
- 1/2 yellow pepper sliced thinly
- 1/3 cup homemade soy sauce recipe below or if you can find KFP
- 1 tbsp potato starch +1 tbsp water, whisked well to create a slurry
- 2 tbsp sherry cooking wine
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp salt adjust to taste
- 1/4- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper optional
- Heat up a large sauté pan over medium flame. Once hot, add in the meat. Brown on both sides, depending how thin it should be between 2-4 minutes, and remove to a plate.
- Add in the onions to the same pan and sauté until golden. Add in the garlic and mushrooms and sauté until fragrant and the mushrooms have started to reduce. Add in the peppers and sauté just until starting to soften.
- Add in the soy sauce and slowly drizzle in the potato starch slurry, mixing it in as it's poured in. Allow the sauce to thicken, 1-2 minutes, then add back in the meat.
- Add in the sherry, honey, salt and crushed red pepper if you like it spicy.
- Place the noodles on individual plates and serve the stir fry on top, with roasted broccoli on the side.
Cut up and clean one broccoli head. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle sea salt, freshly cracked black pepper, sumac and crushed red pepper for heat. Bake at 400 F until crispy.