|Prep Time||30 minutes|
|Cook Time||25 minutes|
- 2 lb salmon fillet cubed and seasoned with sea salt, freshly cracked black pepper, thyme, garlic powder and onion powder
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp smart balance
- 1 large butternut squash spiralized
- 2 large zucchinis spiralized
- 1 large onion diced
- 3 large garlic cloves minced
- 8 oz mixed mushrooms sliced
- 1/4 cup sherry wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp flour see recipe notes for Passover
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup water
- 10 frozen spinach balls
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- freshly cracked black pepper
- In a large sauté pan heat up the olive oil and butter. Add in the salmon cubes and cook for around 5-7 minutes until cooked through. Remove to a plate.
- In the same pan add in the onions and sauté until golden. Add in the mushrooms and garlic and sauté until the juice evaporates. Add in the sherry and reduce.
- Slowly stir in the flour, mixing well so it doesn't clump. Add in the heavy cream, water and spinach and cook until thickened. Add in the salt, pepper to taste and the butternut squash. Cover and allow the butternut squash to cook and soften for around 15 minutes.
- 5 minutes before serving and in the zucchini noodles, feta cheese and salmon and cover the pot. Cook for 5 minutes and serve hot.
If making this dish on Passover just substitute the flour for tapioca flour (starch). Create a slurry though before adding it to the mixture so that it won't clump. Mix together the 2 tbsp of tapioca flour with 2 tbsp water and whisk until smooth.