|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
- 2/3 cup sodium-free soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 2 tbsp honey use silan if vegan
- 1 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 350 grams seitan cut into 1/2x2 inch sticks
- 1 purple onion chopped
- 2 tsp freshly grated garlic
- 4 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 8 oz assorted mushrooms sliced
- 8 oz Enoki mushrooms
- 1 bag of shredded carrots, beets & kohlrabi mix
- 2 tsp cornstarch + 1 tbsp water, optional
- 3 scallions sliced
- Black & white sesame seeds for garnish
- 2 cups white rice cooked according to package directions
- Whisk together the soy sauce through the honey.
- Heat up the oil in a large frying pan over a medium flame. Add in the seitan and sear on both sides, around 2-3 minutes per side. Remove the seitan to a plate.
- Add the onion into the pan and sauté until golden and soft. Add in the ginger and garlic and sauté until fragrant, around a minute. Add in all of the mushrooms and sauté until shrunken. Add in the shredded mix and sauté for a minute or two, it will continue to cook and shrink down so need to wait too long.
- Add back in the seitan, pour the sauce in and mix well to coat everything.
- You can skip this next step if you don't mind your sauce not being too thick and want to save on carbs: make a cornstarch slurry with the cornstarch and water and pour into the pan to help thicken the sauce.
- Mix in most of the scallions, reserving some for garnish.
- Place some rice on a plate, top with the stir fry, scallions and sesame seeds.