|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
- 3 packages fresh udon noodles
- 1 package Jacks gourmet sausages chopped
- 1 onion roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic from marinade minced
- 1 ginger from marinade grated
- 3 scallions sliced, whites and greens separated
- 5 large cremini mushrooms sliced
- 1 can water chestnuts drained
- 2 cups purple cabbage shredded
- marinade from soy sauce egg see notes
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp honey
- Prepare udon noodles according to package directions and set aside.
- Heat up a sauté pan over a medium heat and add in the sausages. Fry them until golden and crust, remove to the side.
- In the same pan, with all the oils from the sausages, add in the onion, garlic, ginger and scallion whites. Sauté until golden, 2-3 minutes. And in the mushrooms and water chestnuts and sauté until the mushrooms shrink considerably. Add in the cabbage, marinade, cornstarch and honey and mix. Simmer for 3 minutes to allow the sauce to thicken.
- Add in the sausages and noodles, give it a quick stir to coat everything and serve.
Check out the soy sauce egg recipe!