|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||35 minutes|
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3 ripe persimmons diced
- 1 15 oz. can can Manwhich sloppy joe sauce
- 1 15 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 15 oz. can kidney beans
- 1-2 tbsp brown sugar adjust to taste
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4-1/2 tsp chili powder optional and adjust to taste
- Heat up a large pan over a medium flame and add in the meat. Brown the meat and remove to a plate.
- Add the onion into the pan and sauté until golden. Add in the garlic and sauté for 1 minute, just until fragrant. Add in the persimmon and mix in and stir for a few minutes just until they begin to soften. The more ripe your persimmons are the less time you need to sauté them.
- Add in both cans of sauces, kidney beans, sugar, salt, cumin, garlic powder and chili powder and mix to combine. Start with a little less sugar and chili powder and adjust according to your preferences. Also some persimmons are sweeter then others so you might not need any sugar at all!
- Bring the mixture to a simmer and lower the flame. Cook for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve hot over cornbread waffles.