- Whisk the eggs together in a bowl. Add in the melted margarine/butter.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the matzo meal, baking powder, salt, onion, garlic, and pepper.
- Slowly mix the dried ingredients into the egg batter, making sure to not over mix the batter. If your batter is too crumbly add in the 1/4 water as needed, to achieve a thick batter.
- Add in the spinach and mix.
- Cover the bowl with saran wrap and place in the refrigerator for 30-60 minutes.
- Bring a pot of water seasoned with salt and pepper to a boil. You want a wide pot for this, rather then really deep, so you can cook as many as you can at once .
- Remove the matzo mixture from the fridge. Using your hands form into small golf- sized balls.
- Place the matzo balls into the pot, making sure not to overcrowd them. Cover the pot and let cook for 20-30 minutes without lifting the lid!